Here is the Muhibbah Malaysian Monday roundup for the month of September.
"Muhibbah" is a Malay word meaning "goodwill" or "harmony". Muhibbah Malaysian Monday is the brainchild of Shaz from Test With a Skewer and Suresh from 3 Hungry Tummies. This is an event where food bloggers post something related to Malaysia and food on a Monday. The host for the month then publishes a roundup of all the dishes collectively posted for that month.
Here are the entries for September, in the order that they were received:
Angku Kueh/Steamed Glutinous Rice Cake with Sweet Filling by Gertrude of “My Kitchen Snippets” in Pennsylvania, USA
Curry Laksa by Suresh from “3 Hungry Tummies” in Australia
Char Kway Teow (Teowchew version), also by “3 Hungry Tummies”
Oyster Omelette (Oh Chien) by Shaz of “Test With Skewer” from Sydney, Australia.
Starfruit Konnyaku Jelly by “Test With Skewers” again.
Mr Noodles of “Eat Noodles Love Noodles” in London, UK visited Gourmet Garden Chinese Malaysian Restaurant
Cold Silken Tofu With Crispy Garlic And Dried Shrimps by “3 Hungry Tummies”
Soymilk Jelly with Rambutans by Cheah of “No Frills Recipes” in Ipoh, Malaysia
Spicy Prawns with Stinky Beans / Sambal Udang Dengan Petai from “My Kitchen Snippets” once more
Coincidentally, “3 Hungry Tummies” also did Sambal Udang that week.
Turmeric and Tamarind Prawns were on the menu at “Cherry on a Cake” by Zurin in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Curry Chicken Pau from “No Frills Recipes”
And our entry, a colorful walk down India Street and Gambier street in our city of Kuching, Sarawak.
What a fun collection, celebrating the incredible breadth and diversity of Malaysian food! I am grateful to all the participants for their delicious entries. And I look forward to seeing more participants in the future.
So if you’re cooking or eating Malaysian food this month, join the party!
The “rules” are pretty simple:
1) ANYONE can join in – you don’t have to be Malaysian.
2) Post anything related to food and Malaysia, on a Monday (you can do a one-off, every week, or anywhere in between). It could be about food, drink, a restaurant review, a cookbook, an interesting ingredient, etc, etc.
3) Please link to the founders’ blogs in your entry. If you want, you can grab the MMM badge at the top of this post to use in yours.
4) The host will grab an image from your post to use in the roundup.
5) Deadline is the last Wednesday of the month. The roundup will be uploaded the following Monday.
Suresh from 3 Hungry Tummies will be hosting the October roundup, so send all your entries to him at sureshchong[at]yahoo[dot]com.
Starting next Monday, House of Annie will be taking a weeklong holiday over in West Malaysia (KL and possibly Ipoh). If anyone wants to meet up sometime, reach us via our Contact Page and we’ll see if we can work something out!